|Iletin I R|
|R, Neutral by Eli Lilly|
|Bovine 85% Porcine 15%|
| Action in dogs:
|Also known as:|
|Use and Handling:|
|Shelf Life: 24 months||Type: soluble, clear|
|When Opened: 28 days room temp.|
|In Pen: N/A|
| Notes: Protect from light and heat|
Do Not Freeze,
May be used intravenously
See Hypurin Bovine Neutral, Insuvet Neutral, or Betasint Bovine Corriente for current handling notes for bovine R-neutral insulin.
Note that some countries have the brand name in U40 strength.
Like all R or neutral insulins, nothing is added (suspensions) to alter the insulin's action or speed.  There are no beef/pork mixed R/neutral insulins on the market today--they are all either pure pork or pure beef.
While both R/neutral and semilente insulins are considered fast-acting, they differ in a few ways. As above, there's no suspension or buffer  in R/neutral; it's totally dissolved and soluble, meaning it can safely be used intravenously. 
|All Short acting|
|Hypurin Bovine Neutral|
Betasint Bovine Corriente
|Iletin R (No longer produced.)|
Hypurin Vet Neutral (No longer produced.)
Insuvet Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Iletin I R (No longer produced.)|
|Hypurin Porcine Neutral|
Hypurin Pork Regular
Betasint Porcine Corriente, Maxirapid CHO
|Pork Actrapid (No longer produced.)|
Iletin II R (No longer produced.)
Leo Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Actrapid, Huminsulin Normal|
Humulin C, Humulin R
Humulin Regular, Humulina Regular
Humuline R, Humuline Regular
Humulin S, Insuman Rapid
Novolin R, Umuline Rapide
Umuline Regular, Winthrop Rapid
Humulin ReliOn R
|R-DNA||ReliOn/Novolin R (No longer produced.)|
- ↑ Discontinuation of Lilly Iletin I line of beef/pork insulins. Iletin I R is at left.. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ Insulin Update-Discontinuation of Iletin Beef/Pork insulins. Nora Apothecary.
- ↑ Humulin R patient leaflet. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ Patient Information-Hypurin Bovine Neutral. Net Doctor uk.
- ↑ Hypurin Bovine Neutral. Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ Prescribing Bovine Insulin.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 DeRuiter, Jack. Insulin Preparations-Regular Insulin. Auburn University.
- ↑ Maddison, Jill E.,Page, Stephen W.,Church, David B. (2008). Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology. Saunders Ltd..
- ↑ Deckert, T. (1980). Intermediate-Acting Insulin Preparations: NPH (Isophane) & Lente. Diabetes Care.
Note--in 1980, there were no r-DNA/GE/GM insulins
- ↑ Resource Guide. American Diabetes Association (2005).
- Insulin therapy for dogs and cats Dowling, Patricia, September 1995, Canadian Veterinary Journal
A discussion of Iletin insulins.