|Hypurin Vet Neutral|
|R, Neutral by CP Pharma|
| Action in dogs:
|Also known as: Hypurin Bovine Neutral, Beef R, beef neutral|
| Similar to: Insuvet Neutral, Betasint Bovine Corriente|
|Use and Handling:|
|Shelf Life: 36 months||Type: soluble, clear|
|When Opened: 28 days room temp.|
|In Pen: N/A|
| Notes: Protect from light and heat|
Do Not Freeze,
May be used intravenously
See Insuvet Neutral, Hypurin Bovine Neutral or
Betasint Bovine Corriente for current handling information for beef R/neutral insulin.
It was approved only for veterinary use and for distribution within the UK --the human-approved equivalent which is still available is Hypurin Bovine Neutral. Insuvet Neutral was another comparable veterinary insulin (also UK only), but it has also been discontinued. 
While both R/neutral and semilente insulins are considered fast-acting, they differ in a few ways. As above, there's no suspension or buffer  in R/neutral; it's totally dissolved and soluble, meaning it can safely be used intravenously. 
|All Short acting|
|Hypurin Bovine Neutral|
Betasint Bovine Corriente
|Iletin R (No longer produced.)|
Hypurin Vet Neutral (No longer produced.)
Insuvet Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Iletin I R (No longer produced.)|
|Hypurin Porcine Neutral|
Hypurin Pork Regular
Betasint Porcine Corriente, Maxirapid CHO
|Pork Actrapid (No longer produced.)|
Iletin II R (No longer produced.)
|Actrapid, Huminsulin Normal|
Humulin C, Humulin R
Humulin Regular, Humulina Regular
Humuline R, Humuline Regular
Humulin S, Insuman Rapid
Novolin R, Umuline Rapide
Umuline Regular, Winthrop Rapid
Humulin ReliOn R
|R-DNA||ReliOn/Novolin R (No longer produced.)|
- ↑ Patient Information-Hypurin Bovine Neutral. Net Doctor.uk.
- ↑ Hypurin Bovine Neutral. Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ Discontinuation of Insuvet Insulins. My Online Vet UK.
- ↑ Insuvet Discontinuation. VioVet UK.
- ↑ Pfizer insulin products currently unavailable. Veterinary News (29 October 2010).
- ↑ Prescribing Bovine Insulin.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 DeRuiter, Jack. Insulin Preparations-Regular Insulin. Auburn University.
- ↑ Maddison, Jill E.,Page, Stephen W.,Church, David B. (2008). Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology. Saunders Ltd..
- ↑ Deckert, T. (1980). Intermediate-Acting Insulin Preparations: NPH (Isophane) & Lente. Diabetes Care.
Note--in 1980, there was only beef Lente-type insulin--no pork or r-DNA/GE/GMLente insulins.
- ↑ Resource Guide. American Diabetes Association (2005).