|Hypurin Porcine Neutral|
|R, Neutral by CP Pharma|
| Action in dogs:
|Also known as: Hypurin Pork Regular, Pork R, pork neutral|
| Similar to: Betasint Porcine Corriente|
Maxirapid CHO, Iletin II R, Leo Neutral, Pork Actrapid
|Use and Handling:|
|Shelf Life: 36 months||Type: soluble, clear|
|When Opened: 6 weeks room temp.|
|In Pen: 6 weeks room temp.|
| Notes: Protect from light and heat|
Do Not Freeze,
Cartridges in use are not to be refrigerated
May be used intravenously
May be used intramuscularly
Health Canada has approved this insulin, along with another pork product, Hypurin Porcine Isophane, known as Hypurin Pork Isophane or Hypurin Pork NPH in Canada. Both are currently available on the Canadian market without importation.  See wiki's CP Pharma page for more information regarding their Canadian availability.
While both R/neutral and semilente insulins are considered fast-acting, they differ in a few ways. As above, there's no suspension or buffer  in R/neutral; it's totally dissolved and soluble, meaning it can safely be used intravenously. 
|Hypurin Bovine Neutral|
Betasint Bovine Corriente
|Hypurin Vet Neutral (No longer produced.)|
Iletin R (No longer produced.)
Insuvet Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Iletin I R (No longer produced.)|
|Hypurin Porcine Neutral|
Hypurin Pork Regular
Betasint Porcine Corriente, Maxirapid CHO
|Pork Actrapid (No longer produced.)|
Iletin II R (No longer produced.)
Leo Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Actrapid, Huminsulin Normal|
Humulin C, Humulin R
Humulin Regular, Humulina Regular
Humuline R, Humuline Regular
Humulin S, Insuman Rapid
Novolin R, Umuline Rapide
Umuline Regular, Winthrop Rapid
Humulin ReliOn R
|R-DNA||ReliOn/Novolin R (No longer produced.)|
- ↑ Montgomery, DAD. Modern Insulin and Insulin Therapy. Royal Victoria Hospital-Belfast.
- ↑ Response to Withdrawal of Novo Porcine Insulin Range. CP/Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ Hypurin Porcine Neutral. Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ Iletin II R Discontinuation Notice. US Food and Drug Administration (July 2005).
- ↑ Pork Actrapid Patient Information. Net Doctor.uk.
- ↑ Patient Information Leaflet-Pork Actrapid. Novo Nordisk.
- ↑ Prescribing Porcine Insulin.
- ↑ Prescribing Novo Animal Insulin.
- ↑ Pork Actrapid Discontinuation Notice. Novo Nordisk.
- ↑ Hypurin Porcine Neutral Patient Information. Net Doctor.uk.
- ↑ Humulin R. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ Hypurin Pork Canadian Information. IDDT International.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 DeRuiter, Jack. Insulin Preparations-Regular Insulin. Auburn University.
- ↑ Maddison, Jill E.,Page, Stephen W.,Church, David B. (2008). Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology. Saunders Ltd..
- ↑ Deckert, T. (1980). Intermediate-Acting Insulin Preparations: NPH (Isophane) & Lente. Diabetes Care.
Note--in 1980, there were no r-DNA/GE/GM insulins
- ↑ Resource Guide. American Diabetes Association (2005).
- NACDS-Insulin Chart-Page 2
- Insulin therapy for dogs and cats Dowling, Patricia, September 1995, Canadian Veterinary Journal
A discussion of Iletin insulins.
- Insulin pork regular