In case of emergencies (happening to you or your pet), it's very important to have your pet's emergency diabetes info handy and readable. See recordkeeping for detailed suggestions.
See these links for some symptoms that require immediate medical care:
Dog Emergencies:  Important signs indicating that your diabetic dog needs immediate medical attention.
The following conditions are emergencies -- they require prompt intervention or veterinary treatment.
- Addisonian Crisis/Addisonian Shock Addison's disease
- Hypoglycemia Diabetes Mellitus
- Ketoacidosis Diabetes Mellitus
- Myxedema Coma Hypothyroidism
- Nonketotic hyperosmolar syndrome Diabetes Mellitus
- ↑ Veterinary Emergency Hospitals & Clinics Worldwide. Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society.
- ↑ Dog Emergencies-. Intervet.
- Endocrine Emergencies Durkan, Samuel, 2008, DVM 360